What to do When You Are in a Funk
There are times when I wake up and I feel amazing as if I can accomplish anything. Other times I feel the complete opposite, such as feeling sluggish, inconsistent, too much on my plate, not inspired, dull, etc.
Here are some ways to snap out of that funk and get back on track.
1. Breathe. The easiest thing to do is breathe, but it is important to breathe correctly. Big inhale, big exhale at least 3 times.
2. Program your mind to be happy. Give yourself a pep talk. Its okay to sit and talk things out loud or write them down. Write down an organized task list based on priority. What do I need to do right now? What can I do tomorrow? What is irrelevant that I shouldn’t be focusing on currently and is stressing me out?
3. Eat something healthy. A good way to not feel sluggish is to fuel your body with healthy foods. Fuel your body, fuel your mind.
4. Go for a run. Outside, treadmill, along the beach (I’m jealous if you can..just saying).
5. Call your mom, your dad, your siblings, significant other, etc. I don’t mean to vent and pour out your stress on to them, but to hear their voice, and distract your mind for a bit. The worst part of being in a funk is to constantly think about the fact that you’re in one. When you distract your mind and talk to someone, you will end up feeling refreshed.
6. Meditate. This one is hard for me. Have you ever sat and completely turned off your mind? It is HARD. It is hard to silence your mind and not think about anything. The best way to meditate for a few minutes is to concentrate on your breathing. Picture the air filling up your lungs and then deflating out of your lungs. Do this a few times like #1. If you can breathe correctly, good for you. If you can breathe correctly and silence your mind for a minute or so, even better.
I’m sure there are other things we can do to get on track. Have you tried doing any of the tips stated above? Have you found something else to help in those situations? Leave a comment below or email. Would love to hear from you!